2 Star Lounger
    North Carolina USA in winter, Maine in summer
    Thanks
    I suspect that this is a topic that has been around the Lounge in the past but I was unable to find anything with Search that seemed truly applicable. I have tried a lot of the tricks available on the Internet to open Windows maximized and none will work, at least not consistently. I know that there are many others who have this same situation and am hoping that someone, somewhere will be able to come up with a way to always open Windows maximized. Any help/comments would be much appreciated!

Administrator
    Thanks
    To start just have one instance of IE running. Then manually size the IE windows to what ever you wish. Close IE by holding down the Shift key and clicking the "X" in the upper right corner.

Joe

Thanks
    I have also heard some posters that have to open 2 instances of IE and maximize each using Joe's method then close each instance one at a time with the Shift, File, Exit commands. Shift, File, Exit is supposed to set the size at what it is when you close it so it opens the same size.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ExiledMainer View Post
    I suspect that this is a topic that has been around the Lounge in the past but I was unable to find anything with Search that seemed truly applicable. I have tried a lot of the tricks available on the Internet to open Windows maximized and none will work, at least not consistently. I know that there are many others who have this same situation and am hoping that someone, somewhere will be able to come up with a way to always open Windows maximized. Any help/comments would be much appreciated!
    are you using ccleaner? if yes unclicked windows size/location cache as this will erase any unsaved windows explorer settings, then used mr. joes suggestion. goodluck. thanks