4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    It's easy to change the proportion of the letter P in Photoshop but I don't know how to achieve the same effect in Illustrator. Changing proportions isn't the same as resizing.

Here's the part of our logo I'm working on. (These examples are from Photoshop.)

Even thought he D and P are the same font size, they don't look proportionate to each other and the attorneys want to see that changed. Here's what I was able to produce in Photoshop:

In the second draft I narrowed the D a little, widened the upper part of the P, shortened the P's tail, and the results now has the D and P the same height and width.

The trouble comes with changing the vector version of this in Illustrator. I can't figure out how to widen and shorten different parts of the P. I can only find how to change it's size.

Whatever method I use in Illustrator, I need to be sure later I can adjust the color and gradient color of the D and P at will.

I use Photoshop and Illustrator on a PC (not MAC). I have a project waiting on this vector version. I'm hoping someone can either post some directions or point me to a tutorial.

Thank you.
    Daisy

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I think I see what the problem is. The Direct Selection Tool doesn't let me use the anchor points to reshape the image. When I use Direct Selection the image only moves around on the page. Any guesses how I unstick it?
    Daisy

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I've tried this article on how to reset Illustrator preferences. It didn't make any difference. I also tried starting from scratch with a completely new file thinking there might be something about the other one. That didn't help. I saw this article on how to reshape text and it may be my answer, if I can just get the Direct Selection to work (step 13). Help?
    Daisy

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Daisy

Using the last link in your previous post, once you have converted the text to outlines (right click and choose from popup menu), you can select the Direct Selection tool (the hollow selection arrow (press A) and then click on the particular point you want to move. If all the other handle points are also selected they will appear with a solid fill. You need to ensure you select only the points you want to move by clicking and releasing - the other points should now turn white - then click again and drag (or use the arrow key).
    Andrew Lockton, Chrysalis Design, Melbourne Australia

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Lockton View Post
    Daisy

Using the last link in your previous post, once you have converted the text to outlines (right click and choose from popup menu), you can select the Direct Selection tool (the hollow selection arrow (press A) and then click on the particular point you want to move. If all the other handle points are also selected they will appear with a solid fill. You need to ensure you select only the points you want to move by clicking and releasing - the other points should now turn white - then click again and drag (or use the arrow key).
    That's what I needed. Finding video tutorials is so much better. You miss nuances like this with screenshot instructions. I was able to finally get the P reshaped for my project. Thank you!
    Daisy