4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I today noticed for the first time that there was a Show Desktop.scf icon on my Desktop. Since I have a shortcut to it in the Taskbar, I tried to delete it from Desktop. When I deleted it, I got the message that windows was searching for it.

Is there a way to delete the .scf from Desktop and keep the shortcut? I don't want to use the Desktop toolbar. I find I work more efficiently if the shortcut is in taskbar.

(Today I downloaded Tweak UI and have a suspicion I clicked something there that caused this new icon on Desktop???)
    (SR 3)

Thank you.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Hi curious,

Is is possible that you inadvertently dragged this shortcut to the Desktop? (l-c + drag)
    Because you can drag shortcuts back and forth between the Quicklaunch bar and the Desktop.

It is also possible that you made a copy of the one in your Taskbar via r-c and drag.

If it is still there, just drag it back to the Quicklaunch bar..If 2 appear,just delete from there.
    One may well be a shortcut to the other shortcut.
    You can find out which is which by checking Properties on those shortcuts before you delete the one you don't want.

Pete.