New Lounger
    Thanks
    I have just allowed the patch tuesday updates to occur and now any Flash Player launch that I attempt just spins it's wheels and then hangs IE8 - at least Chrome gives me the chance to kill the Flash session.
    I'm running 64 bit Win 7on a Dell Studio 1737.
    Anyone else experiencing this?
    Any suggestions?

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 926 Posts
    Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Flash player? You can use Uninstall Flash Player.

Joe
    Joe

Thanks
    I noticed a couple of strange things yesterday in that FF would pop up a little bar stating that Flash Player had crashed. I never thought of connecting it to the patch Tuesday updates.

I'm using FF 3.6.8 which runs Flash in a seperate process so when it does crash it doesn't kill the browser, I'm also using 64 bit Windows 7 (Home Premium)

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks Joe... it has come good. I think the problem may be related to Virtual Box although I'm not sure.
    When I first installed Virtual Box - the networking went haywire - I couldn't connect to XP and Vista computers from Win 7 (the host, not virtual OS - Ubuntu) on my network until I disabled the Virtual Box Host-Only Network.
    This then seemed to have been reenabled somehow after the updates - disabling Virtual Box network and rebooting seemed to fix the problem.
    However reenabling the Virual Box network now and the Flash plugin and network connections work fine!?
    Maybe it just needed a reboot :-}

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 926 Posts
    Glad you figured it out. Virtual machines add another level of complexity to problem solving. Thanks for posting your solution.

Joe
    Joe