Results 1 to 1 of 1
2010-08-12, 23:32 #1
- Join Date
- Aug 2010
- Los Angeles, CA
- Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Outlook’s Rules and Alerts have never functioned for me, and many users and admins have the same experience. I need an Outlook 2003 filter add-on to *automatically* do the things below after a quick, easy set-up for each rule or filter:
1. file all incoming e-mails from SoandSo@TheirWebsite.com into a folder of my choice, and…Do you know of any GOOD programs that does these things? I've tried unsuccessfully to use these programs below on a fresh install of Windows XP Media Center 2002 and Outlook 2003:
2. that folder is expanded so I notice the message is there, *and* it's left Unread until I attend to it.
3. when e-mail is sent to a particular address, it's automatically filed in the designated folder and marked Read.
* Auto-Mate 5.0 Standard's trial from Pergenex worked especially well. It’s easy to understand and install. But it crashes Outlook on Exit 100% of the time, mysteriously starts an extra Outlook process and frequently freezes Send/Receive.I'm willing to leave good reviews and mention good programs to friends that need this. Thanks very much.
* QuickFile from Standss was a cleverly-designed near-miss because it's not automatic when a message arrives, but their tech support and software were both unusually good.
* Email Sorter Wizard by alpha Internet Services seemed in principle like it would work but I haven’t been able to make it work.
* SimplyFile says their program won't do automatic filing.
* Caelo's NEO Pro has more features than a NASA spacecraft and I didn't see simple automatic e-mail filing and sorting among them.