5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    We have Word 2007 and Adobe Acrobat 7. We have a large document that contains internal links, including a table of contents and numerous cross-references. How can we print the document to a PDF file and preserve the links so that they will work in the PDF file?

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Have you tried exporting it to PDF using the Word 2007 SP2 facility instead of printing it using Acrobat? I'm don't know if it will work, but it is an alternative. The other option is to try a later version of Acrobat - the current version is 9, and you might want to invest in the Professional version of it.
    Wendell

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    I suspect you need to save to a pdf file if you want to preserve links.

Pam
    Pam Caswell

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Murgatroyd View Post
    How can we print the document to a PDF file and preserve the links so that they will work in the PDF file?
    As noted above, the print-and-convert method doesn't preserve links, so you will need to use an add-in, probably Adobe's PDFMaker add-in since you have it.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jscher2000 View Post
    As noted above, the print-and-convert method doesn't preserve links, so you will need to use an add-in, probably Adobe's PDFMaker add-in since you have it.
    I don't think the version of the add-in that comes with Acrobat 7 will work with Word 2007. I think Acrobat 9 was the first version to support Word 2007, but it's possible that 8 did as well.

However, I can confirm that the add-in method will preserve your links. I use it all the time. It can also create bookmarks in the pdf, which you'll probably want.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks for your replies. It seems that Acrobat 7 is not fully compatible with Word 2007.
    http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/333/333504.html

However, rather than upgrade to Acrobat 9, which is compatible with Word 2007, I found that Word 2007 can produce a PDF file with internal links preserved: File > Save as > PDF > Options > Include non-printing information > Create bookmarks using Word bookmarks.