Thread: Network Problem

2 Star Lounger
    Canberra City, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
    Thanks

Network Problem

Over the past few days my assistant has found that she does not have access to my computer once I have connected to the internet (dial up connection)

Both computers are running Win200Pro SR2. I have 512 Mb RAM, she has 128Mb RAM. Both have Windows on a separate partition to programs and data.

We have internet sharing activated with my computer as the host.

Each time the network tries to access my computer (about once a second) the Event Viewer System Log gives these messages in this order -

The server's configuration parameter "irpstacksize" is too small for the server to use a local device. Please increase the value of this parameter.

The description for Event ID ( 0 ) in Source ( Srv ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. The following information is part of the event: DeviceLanmanServer.

Would someone please tell me how to increase the configuration parameter "irpstacksize", or what else I should do to fix this problem.

Just to clarify - in Explorer I can access her computer as normal. She has access to the internet without any difficulty but can not see my computer in Explorer.

I suspected that the previous problem I had (see messages under the heading "Registry Problem" may have had something to do with this - but having fixed that problem the network problem persists.

Help will be most welcome.

Noel

Thanks

Re: Network Problem

Try <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.jsiinc.com/SUBA/tip0000/rh0011.htm>JSI Tip 011</A> IRPstackSize error

Other info:
    Q106167 Err Msg: Not Enough Server Storage is Available...

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thank you Leif, the three references describe exactly my problem. I shall follow the instructions and see what happens.

Thank you very much indeed.

Noel

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thank you very much Lief, I very much appreciate your help.

Followed the instructions and problem solved.
    Noel