Lounger
    Thanks
    As you MS Money users know, Microsoft has dropped this product. They promised to come out with a version that would do away with all the activation requirements of the old retail versions. Well, the sunset versions are out: Sunset Money Versions

The good news is that the activation requirements were always a real headache for me when switching to new computers. So that issue is gone.

The bad news is that you will no longer have online support (including account activity downloads from your banks). Evidently, this will end in January 2011 anyway. (Don't understand why they couldn't have left bank downloads enabled--that requires nothing from MS. If anyone figures out how to enable it in the new version, please share.)

Guess I'll have to switch back to Quicken, although I liked Money better.

Thanks
    Thanks for the (bad) news! I have never used QUICKEN. Can one import Money data in to Quicken without the need for tons of subsequent tweaking?
    (My Setup: Custom built: 4.00GHz Intel Core i7-6700K CPU; MSI Z170A Gaming Carbon Motherboard (Military Class III); Win 10 Pro (64 bit)-(UEFI-booted); 16GB RAM; 512GB SAMSUNG SD850 PRO SSD; 120GB SAMSUNG 840 SSD; Seagate 2TB Barracuda SATA6G HDD; 2 X GeForceGTX 1070 8GB Graphics Card (SLI); Office 2013 Prof (32-bit); MS Project 2013 (32-bit); Acronis TI 2017 Premium, Norton Internet Security, VMWare Workstation12 Pro). WD My Book 3 1TB USB External Backup Drive). Samsung 24" Curved HD Monitor.

Lounger
    Thanks
    I imported my Money files into Quicken V. 2010. It does a pretty good job, although there is a lot of clean up especially with investment accounts. The Quicken import does give you a pretty good summary of the differences you'll find after importing.

Thanks
    The problem is, Quicken 2010 does NOT import from versions of Money prior to 2007!! (Bad news for me!). The quicken web page offers a link that allows you to download a 6-day trial version of Money Plus 2007 to use as an intermediate step (in other words, import your old Money file into Money Plus 2007 and then import Money Plus into Quicken 2010). But money Plus can't import Money files prior to Money 2005.

So users of older versions of Money, get your typing fingers ready to set up Quicken by hand!!!!

How do I know all this: I was caught out this past week-end. I purchased Quicken 2010 intending to import my Money 2004 data...........@#$%!
    (My Setup: Custom built: 4.00GHz Intel Core i7-6700K CPU; MSI Z170A Gaming Carbon Motherboard (Military Class III); Win 10 Pro (64 bit)-(UEFI-booted); 16GB RAM; 512GB SAMSUNG SD850 PRO SSD; 120GB SAMSUNG 840 SSD; Seagate 2TB Barracuda SATA6G HDD; 2 X GeForceGTX 1070 8GB Graphics Card (SLI); Office 2013 Prof (32-bit); MS Project 2013 (32-bit); Acronis TI 2017 Premium, Norton Internet Security, VMWare Workstation12 Pro). WD My Book 3 1TB USB External Backup Drive). Samsung 24" Curved HD Monitor.

Lounger
    Thanks
    Just a note if you missed it on the Microsoft page: you can continue to import your bank transactions into the new Money version IF your bank provides downloads in one of the acceptable formats. A couple of extra steps, of course. I may end up doing things that way since I'm still not too fond of Quicken.

"Discontinued services include online quotes, bill payment, statement downloads initiated by Money, data sync with MSN Money, etc. If your financial institution provides OFX or QIF statement downloads, the Sunset versions will allow you to import those statements into your Money file."

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I have an unusual problem.....after using Money for too many years, I'm loathe to give it up without a fight.

On August 27, Installed Money 7 Business/Home on my new laptop running Win7/64 without a hitch and, when I started the program, it initiated a software update and downloaded what I think was an SP2 for Money that came out ages ago. This all worked fine, and I opened my data file and began working away.

Several days later, due to faulty advice from the "tech" people at LapLink's PC-Mover, it became necessary to wipe the drive in my laptop and start over. Because the laptop is only two weeks old, I figured it was easier to wipe and restart rather than live with the incredible mess that the LapLink people made of my drive. So I started over on September 1.

With a fresh installation of Windows, everything seems fine except that Money will not download the needed update and refuses to start without the update. The error message claims my security is a problem (I turned off ALL security) OR their server is temporarily unavailable.

I have tried this on three different machines, one with XP, one with Win7/32 and this laptop, and all with the same result, so I think Microsoft turned off the server that provides this update on August 31, perhaps because they think no one needs it with the release of the Sunset Edition.

I tried the Sunset Edition, by the way, and it really is THE END. It is not possible to download any banking information.

Is there anyone within the entire Windows Secrets Lounge who might know how to find out whether the server has been turned off? How can this question be answered? I'd be happy to call Microsoft and spend a week or two asking the question, but past experience has shown this to be somewhat futile.

I don't see any point in trying anything else until I find out whether I will EVER be able to download the necessary update.

Any suggestions?
    Attached Images Attached Images