Lounger
    Thanks
    Today, my MS SQL Server Management Studio has started giving the following error when I attempt to create a script for a table in a SQL 2008 database to a new query window, to a file or to the clipboard:

"Script failed for Table 'dbo.xyz'. (Microsoft.SqlServer.Smo)
    Additional Information:
    Column DateReceived in object xyz contains type Date, which is not suppported in the target server version, SQL Server 2005. (Microsoft.SqlServer.Smo)"

Does anyone know what I may have done to create this problem. I have been working with SQL 2008 for weeks; creating scripts and modifying tables. I do have some SQL 2005 databases running but I was not attached to any at the time. I closed SSMS and restarted [no joy]; then did a full PC reboot, still no joy.

Thank you for your assistance
    Bob

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    I was hoping that someone else might have experience with this, as I only occasionally use the scripting services, but they have always worked when I do. The only thing I can suggest is to do Tool / Options and then choose the SQL Server Object Explorer / Scripting. There is a property that is called "Script for server version" that gives you a choice of 2000, 2005 or 2008. If that were changed to 2005, it would cause that error as 2005 does not support the DATE data type.
    Wendell

Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by WendellB View Post
    I was hoping that someone else might have experience with this, as I only occasionally use the scripting services, but they have always worked when I do. The only thing I can suggest is to do Tool / Options and then choose the SQL Server Object Explorer / Scripting. There is a property that is called "Script for server version" that gives you a choice of 2000, 2005 or 2008. If that were changed to 2005, it would cause that error as 2005 does not support the DATE data type.
    Wendell, you are right on. I have no idea how this got changed; or why it worked before if it was always set to SQL2005. It is now on SQL2008 R2 and works like a charm. I have another PC loaded with the program much later and it was set on SQL2008 without the 'R2' option.

Thanks
    Bob