New Lounger
    Thanks
    Recently a bad storm fried out Verizon router. We got a new one and decided to try and set up a network so my wireless laptop that runs Windows 7 can print to our desktop XP. We're kinda stupid about this stuff and we can't seem to ge the printer set up properly so that I can print any thing from the laptop to the printer that is "hardwired" to the XP. I keep getting the message that access is denied. Any help would be appreciated. I'm sure we have something set up incorrectly in the network set up since we'vw never set one up before.

Thanks for your help!

Annita

Thanks
    Hi Anita,

Check out this thread for a solution to your printer issue , specifically post #5.

Here is an excellent detailed How to Geek tutorial on sharing a printer from XP to Windows 7 . The tutorial also covers sharing a printer from Vista to Windows 7, so look for the section that is relevant to your situation.
    Deadeye81

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give." Sir Winston Churchill

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Is your printer compatible with Windows 7? If you don't know, go to your printer manufacturers website and make sure they have drivers for your printer that will work with Windows 7. No use trying to set up a network if the printer won't work. If they have the driver you need, download it and post back. Then instructions can be provided for setting up the network.

Also what steps have you taken so far as to setting up the network?

JB