3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I'm curious if anyone else sees the same thing in Task Manager. On several of my computers, there is a difference between "up time" and the amount of CPU time for the System Idle Process. The CPU time is usually 2 or 4 times bigger than "up time".

It is easy to see the "up time" under Windows 7, since it is shown on the Performance tab of Task manager. On my laptop, I see 22 hours 13 minutes for "up time". On the Processes tab of Task manager, it shows 41 hours 25 minutes of CPU time for the System Idle Process.

This may be an artifact of the "dual CPU" chip set for the laptop. I see two separate CPU graphs on the Performance tab of Task manager.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Rick Groszkiewicz
    Life is too short to drink bad wine (or bad coffee!)

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Yes, the idle time is the combined time for the idle process on both your cores (there is one idle thread per core). On my quad-core system the idle time is generally 3-3.5 times the up time.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    for your info, i have a dual-core and the time is like 1-2sec per jump (as in per sec that i personally counts)

so i guess 4cores in your system_idle will jump 4sec for every 1sec in real life...