Bronze Lounger
    Thanks
    I have a "personalized" iGoogle home page which now comes up when I open Firefox. What I'm trying to do is return to the page that used to come up, which I think was a "standard" iGoogle home page (it had Wall Street Journal, CNet, CNN and a number of other links on it, a YouTube video frame plus some personalized content (local weather).

I can't figure out how to get the above page back. Of course, it arrived as my home page in the first place in a manner unknown to me, suddenly replacing my personalized page. Sounds dumb, but I just can't figure out how to locate these pages and learn how to control them so the one I would like to appear, does!

Any suggestions much appreciated!

Thanks!

Linda

Thanks
    Do you mean this site?;iGoogle Now when you get things the way you want it.Go to,Tools Options click on the General tab.Their you will click on Use Current Pages.Now when you open a fresh FF you will see the site you want.
    Problems cannot be solved by the same level of thinking that created them. -Albert Einsten

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks
    Your link opened the page I called my "personalized" one in my post and not the one with all the "general" items on it.

"...when you get things the way you want it" Does that mean I need to make this linked page contain all the items the "general" one did before by following your instructions re. options? If so (sorry to be so dense on this), where do I find all the "lost" items such as CNet, etc.?

Thanks again! Appreciated your suggestions.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    You might be looking for the iGoogle Homepage options ...

[attachment=89665:iGoogle homepage options.jpg]

Check the boxes for your choices.

Then you get something like this ....

[attachment=89666:iGoogle Homepage sample.jpg]
    Attached Images Attached Images

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks
    Tim, thanks for the screen shots! I can get a page that resembles your first shot by clicking "Classic Google" from my personalized iGoogle page. I can't, however, seem to be able to get the option box you show to appear so that I can "create my own homepage in under 30 seconds".

Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong or what I should be doing?

Linda

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Hello Linda - Does this look anything like what your page is now?

[attachment=89668:iGoogle basic home page.jpg]

Does this look anything like you want? It has WSJ, CNN, CNET, YouTube, etc.

[attachment=89669:iGoogle with WSJ-CNN-CNET.jpg]

If so, in the upper right, you will see a link for "Add stuff". You can pick and choose from a variety of categories for what you want to add.

By the way - you can arrange each section on your homepage by clicking the Title of the section and moving it where you want.
    For example, if you want Weather to show first in upper left, just click and drag it up to first position.

Hope this helps

Tim
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks
    I just clicked on the link I gave you.The same site came up as Tim's Just sign in.Your page that you had before should come up.
    Once you get the site or your home page the way you had before.At the top of FF you will see;TOOLS click on that.Then go down to:OPTIONS,that will open a page there you will see the General tab click on it.You will see the section called:Home Page,under that section click on USE CURRENT PAGE.From here on out every time you open a fresh FF this site will appear.
    Problems cannot be solved by the same level of thinking that created them. -Albert Einsten

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks, Tim and chowur.

Tim, yes, to both your questions and screen shots. I do see the Add Stuff button so what I should do is just go in there, find the items I lost and add them to my current page. Have I understood your suggestion?
    As for what happened to the page that disappeared, chalk that up to a "mystery of technology" and fix what I now have!

chowur: thanks for the clarification on exactly how to make the final fixed up page my home page.

Appreciate the help and suggestions from both. I'm off to get the missing items and save the result!

Linda

P.S. Done! And everything is back in and saved via Tools and Options! Thanks again.