3 Star Lounger
    Lewes, East Sussex, Sussex, United Kingdom

A97 ODE Question (A97 SR2 (W95/W2K))

I have created a database on my PC (which runs W95) in A97, and used the Developer Edition to create the Setup files so that I can distribute the runtime application to the PC's of various users. this has worked fine up until now. Just recently we have some new users with new PC's which are running W2K. On a few of these PC's installing the runtime application has not been successful, as it has failed to run. Immediately after the login screen, once the user has entered their userID & password an error message comes up : 35012 Unexpected Error & the application closes down.

Has anyone else experienced problems like this, & if so, do you have any suggestions as to how to get round the problem.

Thanks for your help

Plutonium Lounger
    Sacramento, California, USA

Re: A97 ODE Question (A97 SR2 (W95/W2K))

Unfortunately the setup wizard for Office 97 ODE is not very good, and it doesn't handle Win2K well at all. I've also run into problems with it installing on Office 2K machines--some work and some don't. The only real solution is to purchase one of the other installers (Wise or InstallShield), which are not cheap programs, and then to get scripts from SageKey to use with the installer to handle the setups for the various versions. My new employer is using Wise to install 97 applications on various versions of Windows and Office in different parts of the world, and it seems to be working for them.