Thanks
    Please forgive an obvious newbie question! What happens when one buys a new computer, and wants to install legally purchased and registered software that is installed on the old computer onto the new computer? I would assume that the key would no longer activate the new installation. I'm considering buying Photoshop to install on a two year old computer. There is nothing wrong with the current machine- it works fine,and easily exceeds the minimum system requirements to operate Photoshop. I'm just reluctant to pay for expensive software that I wouldn't be able to re-install on a new machine if I should decide to replace the old one. Many thanks for any help.

John
    Dell Inspiron 530 Intel Pentium E2180 dual core @2.00 GHz 4GB Ram Win7 64 bit

Thanks
    You should not have any trouble @ all.When you get a new computer to Reinstall the software in question.
    There are no dumb questions-only dumb answers. — Marshall Loeb Enjoy your Photoshop.I have a link that you might be interested in;Buy Cheap Software
    Problems cannot be solved by the same level of thinking that created them. -Albert Einsten

Thanks
    What happens when one buys a new computer, and wants to install legally purchased and registered software that is installed on the old computer onto the new computer?
    Usually, and it depends on the license agreement, you would have to uninstall it from the computer you had originally installed it on prior to using it on any other computer. Make sure that your new computer's operating system supports the program.
    DRIVE IMAGING
    Invest a little time and energy in a well thought out BACKUP regimen and you will have minimal down time, and headache.

Build your own system; get everything you want and nothing you don't.
    Latest Build:
    ASUS X99 Deluxe, Core i7-5960X, Corsair Hydro H100i, Plextor M6e 256GB M.2 SSD, Corsair DOMINATOR Platinum 32GB DDR4@2666, W8.1 64 bit,
    EVGA GTX980, Seasonic PLATINUM-1000W PSU, MountainMods U2-UFO Case, and 7 other internal drives.

Thanks
    John,

Before purchasing the S/W, check the manufacturrer's web site to ensure that the version you purchase will be compatible with Win 7 (I assume the new PC will be Win 7). As Clint says most S/W requires uninstallation from the old before installation to the new PC. Good Luck and have fun. BTW: ensure where you purchase the S/W is a reputable, legitimate reseller.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

Thanks
    chowur, Clint and Ted-

Thanks for your prompt replies; you have put my mind at ease!

John
    Dell Inspiron 530 Intel Pentium E2180 dual core @2.00 GHz 4GB Ram Win7 64 bit