New Lounger
    Thanks
    I seem to be unable to print fonts like Cambria, Calibri - just totally blank except occasional bullets which are probably Wingdings or graphics. WindowsXP SP3 HP Photosmart 7600.
    Installed latest HP driver. No problems until recently and it seems to coincide with beta version of Office 2010 expiring but that may just be me clutching at straws.
    PDFs print fine, luckily, but this seems very strange. Can't believe MS would risk potential big problem like this with new default fonts and reasonably common printer. It's an old but not that old and handles all the other weird fonts I use! A quick Google search revealed no similar queries so I guess I've missed something obvious. Hope you guys can help - my last resort!

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts
    Did you uninstall the beta of Office 2010?

Have you checked to make sure the fonts are still installed?

Joe
    Joe

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks JoeP. I found a free trial edition of Office 2010 on their US site and, during the installation of that, got the notification to uninstall the beta. Now that seems to have brought back the printing of those fonts again, which is nice, but as they were Office 2007 ones, and my copy of that is legit, it's a bit odd that they weren't printing just because a beta expires!

So I'm still not sure whether it was the beta expiry, and whether uninstalling that would have worked but my guess is you're right!

I expect I'll find out in n days' time!

Have to say I'm surprised more people haven't wondered about this as uninstalling stuff is not what many users (other than us lot here) would think about doing. Suppose they just bought the new one straightaway.

Andrew

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks
    If you'd like a few free fonts from MS that you may not already have, ibarraReal is one, and Installing Microsoft Reader will give you two more (Berling Antiqua & Frutiger). This gives you four instances in all cases and there is no need to keep or register Reader, although there are large numbers of out-of-copyright works available online in that format (University of Virginia Library Electronic Text). When upgrading Windows or Office, be sure to keep your old Fonts folder for comparison, as Microsoft has a tendency to discontinue fonts that may have come from either. If you once had three instances of Adabi MT, for example, you may find that they have vanished, which can be very inconvenient if you used them in documents or templates or, worst of all, as part of a trade-mark sort of thing.