Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by S Lam View Post
    What is the least expensive way to get 3 licenses copy of office 2010 professional. right now, i have three machines, 1 desktop and 2 laptops.. I have a retail copy of office 2007 ultimate and 1 copy office 2007 professional. I usually have my desktop and one of the T-60 (desktop replacement) on all times. my portable laptop (thinkpad x61) is not on when the desktop is on so I legally can use my ultimate license. my t-60 is using my 2007 professional license. I now like to upgrade to office 2010 pro, what is the least expensive way to do it? I guess I can use a retail 2010 pro and one 2010 pro upgrade. but that's expensive. is there a 3 licenses LEGAL version of 2010 pro?
    From your description it appears you need two Office 2010 licenses. Since one laptop is not used when the desktop is used that should meet the license restrictions for installing on two PCs.

Be aware that there is NO upgrade version of Office 2010. If your Office 2007 version do not qulaify for Microsoft Office 2010 Technology Guarantee - Microsoft Office, you may be better off trying to find an upgrade version of Office 2007. Office 2007 is a valid upgrade path for Office 2007. That will be hard to find now but will be cheaper than Office 2010. Then you'd qualify for the technology guarantee.

Joe
    Joe

New Lounger
    Thanks
    What is the least expensive way to get 3 licenses copy of office 2010 professional. right now, i have three machines, 1 desktop and 2 laptops.. I have a retail copy of office 2007 ultimate and 1 copy office 2007 professional. I usually have my desktop and one of the T-60 (desktop replacement) on all times. my portable laptop (thinkpad x61) is not on when the desktop is on so I legally can use my ultimate license. my t-60 is using my 2007 professional license. I now like to upgrade to office 2010 pro, what is the least expensive way to do it? I guess I can use a retail 2010 pro and one 2010 pro upgrade. but that's expensive. is there a 3 licenses LEGAL version of 2010 pro

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Do you mean I should get a retail copy of 2010 pro? and maybe a sealed in box copy of 2007 pro before Sep 30? I am familiar with the technology guarantee as my friend had a copy of home and student 2007 that i activated recently for him.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Yes that is what I mean. Get upgrade version of Office 2007 for each license you need to upgrade (I think that is two). Review the terms of the Technology Guarantee. I believe you must install and activate the upgrade version prior to September 30th. Then you can download the Office 2010 version.

Joe

Joe

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by S Lam View Post
    Do you mean I should get a retail copy of 2010 pro? and maybe a sealed in box copy of 2007 pro before Sep 30?
    There was another thread reporting that some resellers admitted their versions of Office didn't qualify for the upgrade, or refused to provide assurances. You might search for that one before making your purchases.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    The best Legal version I have seen is direct from Microsoft, it is Office Pro 2010 and is for eligible students for $80.
    You must be a student at a U.S. educational institution and must be actively enrolled in at least 0.5 course credit and be able to provide proof of enrollment upon request.
    If 3 of your users are signed up for 0.5 course credit at a college it is a nice deal.

Microsoft Office Professional Academic 2010

There is also a better deal for Office Ultimate for military personnel.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    some version of office 2007 doesn't qualify? bootleg? as for student, i don't really qualify but i can get a university email as i work for university. anyhow, i just wish MS just provide a small guy with a 3 pack of licenses without paying an arm and a leg. i just upgraded to office 2007 in 2008. i wish my friend still works for MS, I used to get employee copies for at their low price! Sigh..

Administrator
    Thanks
    Often someone who works at a university can purchase an Academic version of Microsoft products at a very reduced price. You should check with the IT folks.

Joe
    Joe