New Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi, I hit save in trying to save a notepad document instead of save as. Don't know where it is. It is log file. How do I find it or is gone to neverland. Really need it. Thank you for any help in finding this notepad log file.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Try opening Notepad. Type a few characters. Start a "Save As". That should show you the last folder where you saved something.

Joe

3. The Following User Says Thank You to JoeP517 For This Useful Post:

makran (2014-03-13)

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Tried that. It said Text Documents (*.txt) Tried but could not find notepad log file there. Any other help much appreciated. Typed that into search files.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Found it!!!!!! U put me onto something. Did search on hard drive, yikes there it was. Thanks for getting me to think of ways to find.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    If you opened an existing file, it will be saved in the same location in which you opened it. If you created a new file, Notepad usually saves in your Documents folder. But the mechanism that burnnoticefan described works for all apps and is a convenient way of figuring out where your file went (I do a similar thing when files don't show up where I expect them).