New Lounger
    Thanks
    I recently upgraded to firefox 3.6.8 and have begun to have problems with Trend Micro Office Scan indicating that browser defender is a malicious website. I have used Revo Uninstaller to remove browser defender from my system (XP Pro- sp3) however I am still having problems. Any suggestions as to what the problem is?

Thanks

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BobS View Post
    I recently upgraded to firefox 3.6.8 and have begun to have problems with Trend Micro Office Scan indicating that browser defender is a malicious website. I have used Revo Uninstaller to remove browser defender from my system (XP Pro- sp3) however I am still having problems. Any suggestions as to what the problem is?
    How does the message appear -- is it in the browser window or in a pop-up from the OfficeScan client?

If you think this is a false positive, your IT department can bypass the block for that site.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    A OfficeScan client window opens and lists the site. I have requested to see why they list it and it comes back as a malicious site. When I try to go to the browser defender website, it is shut down completely and suggests contacting IT. It appears Trend Micro believes this is a malicious site. I will discuss this with our IT department. Thanks for the info!

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BobS View Post

Thanks
    if you believe that browser defender is not a malicious website than i would suggest that trends office scan is the problem, sometimes AV have problems detecting real and from malicous sites anyway it's always be your choice you.