Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I am having a problem with [i]Microsoft 6 to 4 driver not loading on my machine, It shows up as not loaded on Device Mnager. I have tried to update without success. Does not seem to be affecting use of the maching, but I am curious as to what this driver is. I have disabled it, and the machinw works fine, but the exception still shows up in Device Manager. What is the use for this driver? How can I get this problem resolved? I have even tried the option of sending the problem to Microsoft. Fat chance of getting an answer this way.

Thanks for your help

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I have the same effect on my laptop running Windows Vista SP2. I found the following information in a posting by a Microsoft Online Support person:

6to4 adapter is a component used for transmitting IPv6 packets through IPv4 network correctly.
    In some scenarios, there will be a code 31 or code 10 error appearing beside this component. A possible reason is, the network adapter doesn’t support this feature. You may update the driver for your network adapter or chipset, and then try to uninstall and reinstall the this component.
    To uninstall the component, right-click the item in Device Manager and select Uninstall.
    To reinstall the component, in Device Manager, Action – Add Legacy Hardware – Next – “Install the hardware that I manually select from a list” – Network adapters – Microsoft – Microsoft 6to4 Adapter – Next – Finish the wizard.
    If the steps above doesn’t solve the problem, your network adapter is not a supportive one for this component. You can completely ignore this error, if there isn’t IPv6 network deployed in the environment. The error won’t affect your system.
    To remove the error message, please right-click the Command Prompt and run as administrator, type the command netsh in 6to4 set state disable, press Enter. The component will be disabled and hidden.

In my case I have been ignoring the error.

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thank you very much for the info. Was afraid I would have problems in tghe future.

Charles (Mike) Parker