New Lounger
    Thanks
    Since the latest upgrade to Firefox 3.6.8, links don't work. I tried loading a previous version and the same thing happens. The PC is running Windows Home Premium, but it also occurs on my work PC which runs Windows Business.

Also, if I close firefox, I cannot reopen it because a firefox process is still running. I have to close the process in task manager.

I have switched back to IE to get full functionality in a browser, but I prefer firefox. Any ideas?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by gale bridgeman View Post
    Since the latest upgrade to Firefox 3.6.8, links don't work. I tried loading a previous version and the same thing happens. The PC is running Windows Home Premium, but it also occurs on my work PC which runs Windows Business.

Also, if I close firefox, I cannot reopen it because a firefox process is still running. I have to close the process in task manager.

I have switched back to IE to get full functionality in a browser, but I prefer firefox. Any ideas?
    You do not say which Windows version you have but I suspect XP or Vista. Just guessing here. I have FF 3.6.8 on 2 PCes running Win 7 Ultimate and Win 7 HP and all links work fine. I also use IE on both with no problems. I installed Google Chrome yesterday and am experimenting with it because of the virtual environment it creates. May be more secure than the other 2. Links work fine on all. I can not provide an answer to the FF dilemma you have except to suggest experimenting with Chrome and see if it appeals to you.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

New Lounger
    Thanks
    OOPS - both are Windows Vista.

Thanks!

Thanks
    Since the latest upgrade to Firefox 3.6.8, links don't work. I tried loading a previous version and the same thing happens.
    Links in web pages, or links in external programs like email? Links in web pages obviously should always work, so if those don't work, you might have a problem with an add-on. Try starting Firefox in its Safe Mode, which is available in the Mozilla folder on the Programs menu. More info: http://support.mozilla.com/kb/Safe+Mode

Firefox should shut down within a minute after updating its databases. For reasons that it might not, check out: Firefox hangs > Hang at exit @ MozillaZine Knowledge Base. Note that some malware may keep Firefox running in the background, so if the ordinary measure don't work, some extra scans may be appropriate.