Thanks
    Update: If I got to the site in IE 8, and try to play the file, it won't, but then in small print, it says "to use your default player, click here" -- and it doesn't play, but downloads. Then, as it seemingly had no extension, I changed it to "wav", and then it played fine on my default player.

So is that an IE issue? If sop, how do I fix it?

CB

------

I was at http://mw4.m-w.com/ for definition. I found the word, but the sound wouldn't work, giving me an error that the Real player needed an update.

reinstalled my Real player. No help. I went to the page in Firefox, and it worked fine, and I noticed it was using Quicklime. So I reinstalled QT, but that didn't help IE at all.

I saw something "blip" by me about audio/x-wav.

How do I get this figgered out and fixed?

Regards,
    Chuck Billow
    -------------------------------------------------
    "Good judgment comes from experience, and experience - well, that comes from poor judgment."

~ A(lan) A(lexander) Milne (1882-1956)- "House at Pooh Corner"

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Did you download QuickTimeInstaller.exe from Apple site. It is a 32.8 meg file. Evidently you had a plugin installed for FireFox. I downloaded and installed the QuickTimeInstaller and was able to go to your site with either FireFox or Internet Explorer and play the audio successfully. Hope this helps.
    RM

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Monroe View Post
    Did you download QuickTimeInstaller.exe from Apple site. It is a 32.8 meg file. Evidently you had a plugin installed for FireFox. I downloaded and installed the QuickTimeInstaller and was able to go to your site with either FireFox or Internet Explorer and play the audio successfully. Hope this helps.
    RM
    I'll try again...

Thanks,
    Chuck
    -------------------------------------------------
    "Good judgment comes from experience, and experience - well, that comes from poor judgment."

~ A(lan) A(lexander) Milne (1882-1956)- "House at Pooh Corner"