Thanks
    What God Mode really is: A way to access every single Control Panel feature via simpler-to-read list. (This is the name given by MS)

To "enable" God Mode--really, just create a new shell view for all Control Panel features--right-click on the desktop and choose New Folder. For the folder name, paste in this text: "GodMode.{ED7BA470-8E54-465E-825C-99712043E01C}" (without the quotes)

Take a look. Some of the hints in the Troubleshooting section may help solve your problems with:

[attachment=89695:2010-08-20_2041.png]

Take a look and see what you might have been missing! I believe this has been mentioned in the past, although not very in depth.

BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts
    It has been discussed a little in http://bro.ws/770590L and http://bro.ws/770732L. The string "God Mode" can be any text.

Joe
    Joe

Thanks
    I'm more partial to creating a toolbox folder for all my frequently used utilities and placing it in an easily accessible location;
    Attached Images Attached Images
    DRIVE IMAGING
    Invest a little time and energy in a well thought out BACKUP regimen and you will have minimal down time, and headache.

Build your own system; get everything you want and nothing you don't.
    Latest Build:
    ASUS X99 Deluxe, Core i7-5960X, Corsair Hydro H100i, Plextor M6e 256GB M.2 SSD, Corsair DOMINATOR Platinum 32GB DDR4@2666, W8.1 64 bit,
    EVGA GTX980, Seasonic PLATINUM-1000W PSU, MountainMods U2-UFO Case, and 7 other internal drives.

Thanks
    I could not believe all the Control Panel features when I enabled this. I may not keep it because I generally set up something similar to Clint as a toolbar on the taskbar and place commonly used apps there. I just thought it interesting all that is available through this method. Much more easily found than looking through Control Panel in the normal method. There seem to be too many different buttons to explore to find all the options. I did realize it has been mentioned previously, but not discussed in any detail. I also thought that perhaps the troubleshooting (T/S) area may help a couple of recent questions to a solution. Worth a try anyway.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Thanks
    Woody Leonhard was somewhat less than enthusiastic about this at the beginning of January this year...
    BATcher

Time prevents everything happening all at once...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BATcher View Post
    Woody Leonhard was somewhat less than enthusiastic about this at the beginning of January this year...
    I think it's the name that causes problems for some. It appears to be an easier way to find alternatives in Control Panel. Everything is listed.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I tried but can't seem to get this to work. I created a new folder on the desktop for it, did not mistake zero for O, and did not use quotes or put in extra spaces and did include the curly brackets and the single dot and copied the exact upper/lower case letters. I have tried and tried, but it won't work. I have Windows 7 professional and am using classic windows theme which I then tweaked to make the corner buttons larger and some type a little larger (works better for my eyes).

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelliann OToole View Post
    I tried but can't seem to get this to work. I created a new folder on the desktop for it, did not mistake zero for O, and did not use quotes or put in extra spaces and did include the curly brackets and the single dot and copied the exact upper/lower case letters. I have tried and tried, but it won't work. I have Windows 7 professional and am using classic windows theme which I then tweaked to make the corner buttons larger and some type a little larger (works better for my eyes).
    To be sure everything is typed correctly, copy and paste the info to your shortcut. I suspect you have missed a space or something.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelliann OToole View Post
    It's the Classic Windows View I'll bet! Doesn't allow "Godmode" there!

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ted Myers View Post
    I could not believe all the Control Panel features when I enabled this. I may not keep it because I generally set up something similar to Clint as a toolbar on the taskbar and place commonly used apps there. I just thought it interesting all that is available through this method. Much more easily found than looking through Control Panel in the normal method. There seem to be too many different buttons to explore to find all the options. I did realize it has been mentioned previously, but not discussed in any detail. I also thought that perhaps the troubleshooting (T/S) area may help a couple of recent questions to a solution. Worth a try anyway.
    I have to agree, this is much cleaner look and easier to find a particular Control Panel item.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I have on a right click on background which means any open space in any folder including desktop
    4th post http://lounge.windowssecrets.com/ind...dpost&p=828962