New Lounger
    Thanks
    I have 2 computers. Both run Win XP Pro Sp3 with Outlook Express.

Computer "A", using Outlook Express, I can hold down Ctrl and zoom in and out of the message body using the mouse wheel.
    This computer runs Internet Explored 6

Computer "B", using Outlook Express, Holding Ctrl, the mouse wheel does NOT zoom the body of the message. I have switched mice and the results are the same.
    This computer runs Internet Explorer 8

Since both computers are more or less the same, except for the different versions of IE, there must be a setting on one of them that is allowing mouse wheel zoom, and it is not checked on the other. I have spent hours checking the settings on each machine but have not found it.

I HAVE NO PROBLEM ZOOMING ON A WEB SITE, with either computer, this is zooming on the body of a message in Outlook Express.

Thanks for helping.....GGlynnD

Thanks
    I would not think IE8 has anything to do with the problem since OE is total separated from IE. I am not sure about this as OE is a very old app originally developed in the pre XP days. If the Ctrl & Wheel Mouse works for IE in both PCes, I would think this says that function is working properly. I would seriously look at OE as the culprit. You may want to consider upgrading to Windows Live Mail. Windows Live Mail is one part of the Windows Live Essentials suite. You can pick and choose which parts you wish to install. Give it a try.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    OE uses the IE engine for preview pane and seperate window HTML email viewing so they are intimately tied together, but as Ted indicated OE is very old and has not been kept up to date. I can replicate your problem and success at scroll resizing exactly so the IE upgrades have most likely excluded OE. I messed around with the settings on the computer with IE8 but was unable to find anything that worked so far.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks Ted and Byron. I checked to make sure that the Vers of OEX are the same in both PCs and they are. 6.00.2900.5512 XSP-080413-2105 MScorp 2004

Ted: I have a laptop with Win 7, which has Win Live Mail. I have used OE for 10 yrs and you know, men, esp, OLD men, have a difficult time changing.
    The body of an email will not zoom in Win Live Mail, at least mine does not. Thanks again, for helping.

Byron: Thanks for your time and effort. There must be something somewhere that is set differently as they are the same Vers.

GGlynnD P.S. How do you pronounce "Leonhard" ?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by GGlynn View Post
    Thanks Ted and Byron. I checked to make sure that the Vers of OEX are the same in both PCs and they are. 6.00.2900.5512 XSP-080413-2105 MScorp 2004

Ted: I have a laptop with Win 7, which has Win Live Mail. I have used OE for 10 yrs and you know, men, esp, OLD men, have a difficult time changing.
    The body of an email will not zoom in Win Live Mail, at least mine does not. Thanks again, for helping.

GGlynnD P.S. How do you pronounce "Leonhard" ?
    I have actually downloaded and installed the beta version of Windows Live Essentials 2011 and am now starting to get used to the ribbon interface. Since I use Office 2010 already, I am pretty accustomed to the ribbon and actually prefer it in some respects.

"Leonhard": Not a clue?????
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy