Lounger
    Thanks
    I can pin *almost* everything to Win7 task bar, however, I have had no luck with pinning Windows Update to the task bar. When attempting to do so, I drag the desktop icon to the task bar and upon arrival I can see a red circle with a diagonal line running from upper left to lower right. Upon releasing the icon, nothing changes. I have no problem adding (should I choose to do so) just about any program listed when clicking the Sphere and right clicking on the program icon choosing pin to task bar... or dragging/dropping an application icon from the desktop, but Windows Update simply will not be added. I have looked for answers on several forums, and tried their suggestions, but to no avail. If this can be accomplished I would *love* to know how to do it, but if it cannot, the Windows update icon seems to be comfortable where it is on my desktop.
    Phasr

Sonoran Desert

Thanks
    It appears this is one of those things Win 7 does not allow. I have also tried everything I can think of to do this as well. I even tried to move the desktop shortcut I created to the taskbar without success. The normal Pin to Taskbar Option is not available in the right click context menu.

How To Geek does show how to do this.

Edit: I just tried this and it worked fine.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    Ted, hello.

In a last message, I saw : How To Geek does show how to do this.

I am always in awe at the complicated way that some users can imagine to do simple things, eg: Panel -> drag Widnows Updates to the Task bar. I must be of simple mind as I like simple ways to do this. Nothing could be simpler, ( in my mind ). JP.

I take it all back, I was mistaken, it did not work at all. ( edit )

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jean Parrot View Post
    Ted, hello.

In a last message, I saw : How To Geek does show how to do this.

I am always in awe at the complicated way that some users can imagine to do simple things, eg: Panel -> drag Widnows Updates to the Task bar. I must be of simple mind as I like simple ways to do this. Nothing could be simpler, ( in my mind ). JP.
    Jean, Good evening.

As I stated, Win 7 did NOT allow Windows Update to be dragged to the taskbar. I tried several different ways unsuccessfully. This was the only way I could find to do it.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    >>> Jean, Good evening.

And very vice-versa, Ted.

>>> As I stated, Win 7 did NOT allow Windows Update to be dragged to the taskbar. I tried several different ways unsuccessfully. This was the only way I could find to do it.

Please note my edit of this darn awfull post of mine. I am crawling under the rug. JP.

Thanks
    Don't crawl under the rug. we all make these type of mistakes. The key is to learn from them all. Have a nice rest of the weekend.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Lounger
    Thanks
    Ted, goodness, gracious, great balls of fire.... it woiked! My thanks to you and to the Geek meister. I get the "How to Geek" newsletter every day and have done so for quite some time. There is so much stuff in that newsletter I can understand my missing it. All is well that ends well, and thanks again for your post.
    Phasr

Sonoran Desert

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by phasr View Post
    Ted, goodness, gracious, great balls of fire.... it woiked! My thanks to you and to the Geek meister. I get the "How to Geek" newsletter every day and have done so for quite some time. There is so much stuff in that newsletter I can understand my missing it. All is well that ends well, and thanks again for your post.
    Excellent, glad I could help. Thanks for the Thumbs Up. Have a great evening.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted