New Lounger
    Thanks
    I need to forward all incoming emails to another email address for 2 weeks during vacation. I use Outlook and need all emails to go to my bosse's email.

ALSO, DOES MY EMAIL PROGRAM NEED TO BE ON ALL THE TIME FOR THIS FORWARD TO WORK OR CAN I SHUT DOWN MY COMPUTER AND THE FORWARD WILL WORK?

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    It depends!

1. If you use Exchange as your mail server you can set an Out Of Office rule to do this. Outlook will not need to be running.
    2. If you use another mail server you may be able to set OOO. Outlook may not need to be running.
    3. If you use ordinary web mail it is unlikely you will be able to do this unless you set a rule in Outlook and leave it running whilst you are away.

cheers, Paul

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by James Machado View Post
    I need to forward all incoming emails to another email address for 2 weeks during vacation.
    As Paul notes, it matters what email server software or service you use. Before getting Exchange, we used a POP server. There was a feature to add a COPY to any mailbox. That way, for every message received in that mailbox at the server, a copy could be delivered to another mailbox. The subject line was prefaced with COPY: rather than FW: and the message headers and body were otherwise identical.

Some webmail services allow you to forward your mail (or a copy of your mail) to another address. Again, each will be a bit different in the details.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Many thanks to both of you..I will check with my server.Jim