Lounger
    Thanks
    I have just bought a new Toshiba Satellite C650D and after installing Word Perfect I have lost the CDROM drive. Device Manager shows a fault and indicates that the driver has been disabled and an alternate driver may be providing this functionality (CODE 32).

During the WP installation an error message showed that the SONIC SOLUTIONS file2.03.32A which was located in c:\windows\system 32\drivers\Px HIPA 64.sys was not digitally signed. I have tried to download this driver from the Sonic site, which upgraded several drivers, but the file above was not found.

Toshiba support told me to do a complete reinstallaion of the whole system, and this retrieved the CDROM set up, and the drive was working with the cdrom.sys file in the Widows drivers 32 folder. I did a second WP installation and this once more killed the CDROM. Re-installation of the drivers did not fix the problem.

The device manager shows the CDROM file but with a yellow fault. Any help to sort out this problem would be most welcome.

Regards

DAVID MILLS

Thanks
    Click on Start- All programs- accessories- Right click on Command Prompt- run as administrator.
    Type in the following line & press enter.
    bcdedit /set loadoptions DDISABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS
    Hopefully this should get things going again.NOTICE the space between bcdedit /
    Problems cannot be solved by the same level of thinking that created them. -Albert Einsten

Thanks
    I think it may be time to say goodbye to WP. Check the Windows Compatibility Center for all software you plan to install. It shows Word Perfect Office v14 (Only version listed as compatible) as compatible. Foe a free alternative office suite check Open Office. I personally cannot attest to this suite, but others state it works pretty well (I use MS Office apps). Good luck. You may have to reinstall once again if chowur's advice does not work.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy