2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I am looking on how to prevent Windows Live and Messager, from starting up automatically when I boot my computer.....It makes for a long time for the computer to boot up while it is bringing that little used program up and running. When I go to the Start Up folder it does not appear so I can't use MSCONFIG to prevent it from automatically starting up....we use it only ocassionally to do a live video conversation with friends, but that is all..........How can I prevent it from booting up on my compter, but then use the program whenever I want to....thanks, John L.

Thanks
    How to prevent windows messenger from running at startup

Method 1:

1. When MSN Messenger is opened, click "Tools" from menu bar, click "Options", Select "General", then remove the check mark from "Automatically run messenger service when I log on to Windows".

2. Click "Apply" then "OK". When you restart next time MSN Messenger will not open untill you double click MSN messenger ICON.
    DRIVE IMAGING
    Invest a little time and energy in a well thought out BACKUP regimen and you will have minimal down time, and headache.

Build your own system; get everything you want and nothing you don't.
    Latest Build:
    ASUS X99 Deluxe, Core i7-5960X, Corsair Hydro H100i, Plextor M6e 256GB M.2 SSD, Corsair DOMINATOR Platinum 32GB DDR4@2666, W8.1 64 bit,
    EVGA GTX980, Seasonic PLATINUM-1000W PSU, MountainMods U2-UFO Case, and 7 other internal drives.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Clint Rossmere View Post
    Thanks Clint, but is there any way to delete a screen name &/or the entire "Windows Live Messenger" thing from my computer? I set it up with a new screen name when I developed a problem in my Outlook 2003 Email function. Now the problem is solved, and I'm still being hounded by the WLM auto posting the old screen name & ID (xxxxxx @live.com) when using other functions to generate Email ( like sending pictures).
    How do I get rid of this problem &/or change my default ID in WLM?
    Thanks,
    Rick

Thanks
    I'm going to assume your os is either Windows XP or NT/2000.
    The Windows Live messanger client is no longer part of the operating system if I'm not mistaken, but Windows messanger for XP is/was.
    To disable/remove it from your system;
    1. Should be able to remove it in the Add/Remove Windows components section of the control panel.
    or
    2. Command line: "RunDll32 advpack.dll,LaunchINFSection %windir%'inf'msmsgs.inf,BLC.Remove",

How To Remove Instant Messaging Users for Windows Messenger on Windows XP-Based Computers
    Uninstall Windows Messenger in Windows XP
    DRIVE IMAGING
    Invest a little time and energy in a well thought out BACKUP regimen and you will have minimal down time, and headache.

Build your own system; get everything you want and nothing you don't.
    Latest Build:
    ASUS X99 Deluxe, Core i7-5960X, Corsair Hydro H100i, Plextor M6e 256GB M.2 SSD, Corsair DOMINATOR Platinum 32GB DDR4@2666, W8.1 64 bit,
    EVGA GTX980, Seasonic PLATINUM-1000W PSU, MountainMods U2-UFO Case, and 7 other internal drives.