Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I occasionally need to type the degree sign -just like this on a forum when writing or replying to a message. On this computer which runs Win XP Pro SP3 it works just fine. On the computer sitting next to me also running XP pro SP3 when I type it, it takes me to my home page. If I type it into notepad, for instance, it works great. What I type is alt 0176. Whats up with this?

Urge

Thanks
    See if you get the same result with Alt+248 on the numeric pad. If I do either Alt+248 or Alt+0176 on this XP Pro SP3 box I get and .

You have got the Num Lock light on, haven't you?!
    BATcher

Time prevents everything happening all at once...

Thanks
    Alt+248 = on Windows 7, 64 bit. (Num Locks on)
    DRIVE IMAGING
    Invest a little time and energy in a well thought out BACKUP regimen and you will have minimal down time, and headache.

Build your own system; get everything you want and nothing you don't.
    Latest Build:
    ASUS X99 Deluxe, Core i7-5960X, Corsair Hydro H100i, Plextor M6e 256GB M.2 SSD, Corsair DOMINATOR Platinum 32GB DDR4@2666, W8.1 64 bit,
    EVGA GTX980, Seasonic PLATINUM-1000W PSU, MountainMods U2-UFO Case, and 7 other internal drives.

Thanks
    This also works on a laptop without a separate number pad. As you are probably aware the number pad is incorporated into the regular keypad, and pressing Num Lk changes JKL to 123, etc. Turning on Num Lk causes the degree symbol ( ) to be displayed with keystrokes Alt + 248. It's not nearly as efficient to doing this, but for the few times it actually needs to be done, it's nice to know. Thanks for the info.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

New Lounger
    Thanks
    On my Asus netbook (with its laptop type keyboard), after turning on the Num Lk, I have to press the spacebar after the Alt+248 to get the degree symbol. Suggestions?

However, this only works in Word, Outlook etc. I can't type a symbol using Alt+248 into an online post/forum. It just comes up blank, with or without Num Lk on. Any ideas ? P.S. I use Opera browser 10.60 but I have the same problem when posting with IE.