Thanks

WinXP and OfficeXP

I set up WordXP with customized toolbars and menus under my account (administrator) in Win XP Pro. Then I set up a few additional users (this is a home machine and the other users are family members) under limited accounts.

Whenever any of the others log on to their account and launch Word, the uncustomized default Word toolbar and menu appear. Then, when they exit Word, the message "Changes have been made to the global template - Normal.dot - do you want to save these changes?" appears. So far, everyone has responded "No", but I think it's just a matter of time before someone inadvertently answers "Yes" and all of the customizations that I have made will be overwritten.

Is there any way to migrate my Normal.dot to the other users' settings so this won't be an issue, or must I customize each user's toolbars and menus to duplicate mine ?

Thanks in advance.
    John
    A Child's Mind, Once Stretched by Imagination...
    Never Regains Its Original Dimensions

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Re: WinXP and OfficeXP

If each user has a different log in, the there will be a seperate copy of "Normal.dot" for each account. You can check this out, by going to Windows Explorer( MY Computer), "Documents and Settings". Here you should see each and every user name that has logged in. Browse each user folder and you will see that they have there own copies of different files.

Hope this helps.

Now running HP Pavilion a6528p, with Win7 64 Bit OS.

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: WinXP and OfficeXP

I haven't tried this, but I would think that you could create a copy of NORMAL.DOT in the "Default User" profile, which would result in *new* logins getting a copy of it. Is this reasonable or should I have gone to bed a half hour ago? [img]/forums/images/smilies/wink.gif[/img]
    -Mark