Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I just built a new computer, installed an OS (WIN XP PRO SP3) Loaded all the programs I will use and setup all my settings and utility programs, quick launch programs etc. Using the Administrator account.
    Is there a way to transfer everything to one or more accounts or do I have to setup each one all over? Can I rename the Administrator account to my name and have a new default Administrator account? This is so disheartening after all the work I did to have to repeat it.

Urge

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    mercyh wrote...
    would this help?
    It would if copy to was not grayed out on the Administrator account. There are 4 accounts listed and only the account under my name has copy to highlighted. I am logged in under the Administrator account.
    Can I copy and save and then replace various items in another account?

Urge

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    copy TO

You are logged in as administrator, It would seem to me that you could not copy the profile TO the account you are logged in as.......

Copy TO your own account sounds like exactly what you need to me...(I am pretty good at not understanding what people are trying to say though )

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Ok, Haven't done it for a while so couldn't remember the exact screens. What happens if you create a THIRD account with administrator privileges (name it whatever you like, you can remove it once the process is complete.) Log on with the third account and then select the ADMINISTRATOR profile and copy it too your profile.

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I started reading up after googling this issue and this method(http://windowsxp.mvps.org/dupprofile.htm) is no longer supported. I am trying to wade thru the alternatives now but they seem much more labor intensive with an additional learning curve. I am going to keep reading. More suggestions are always welcome. mercyh you are right I switched user and it was available but apparently this method causes problems.

Urge

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I don't know, Microsoft still has it in their own documentation....

http://www.microsoft.com/resources/d....mspx?mfr=true