Bronze Lounger
    Thanks
    My wife uses Outlook 2003 SP3 and when entering a new Contact it automatically defaults to the first/last name "File As" option whereas she wants ti last/first. Is there anyway to set the default to last/first? I can't find any option or other place to specify the default setup.

Thanks
    Tools > Options > Preferences tab, Contact Options..., ==> Default "File As" order

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks
    There is no Preferences Tab, but under Tools>Option>Contact Options there is the selection of first/last or last/first. The wife's Outlook 2000 is set to File As: last/first, BUT it's still stuck on first/last. I've tried changing it back and forth with no luck.

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks
    Try Tools | Email Accounts | View or Change Existing Directories or Address Books | choose the Contacts Address book | Change | Show names by | Close | Finish- it should not impact the Contacts display, but in Outlook you never know.
    -John ... I float in liquid gardens
    UTC -7ąDS

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnBF View Post
    Try Tools | Email Accounts | View or Change Existing Directories or Address Books | choose the Contacts Address book | Change | Show names by | Close | Finish- it should not impact the Contacts display, but in Outlook you never know.
    John, just double checked, and what you mention is set as it should be, but it doesn't seem to have any impact at all. The "To" button must be linked somehow to the Full Name filed, but I even tried with that, putting it as "! John Doe" to force it to the top of the list -- and tried the same thing in the "File As Field, but neither matters. If I do as Jefferson suggested, just relying on ^K, I find it listed under "John Doe", even though in the COntacts it is set to file as "Doe, John."

Harumph!

Chuck
    -------------------------------------------------
    "Good judgment comes from experience, and experience - well, that comes from poor judgment."

~ A(lan) A(lexander) Milne (1882-1956)- "House at Pooh Corner"