Thread: Eudora 6.256

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Using XP Pro sp3 all patches
    I randomly will get an imbedded image from about 3 different contacts where the imbedded image is not visable in the e-mail. In all cases if I forward the email the images will appear. If I redirect the e-mail to my self send it than delete all copy's of the original than download the new e-mail most but not all of the time the imbedded images are visible. Using explorer & going to Eudora imbedded folder the images that I can't view in eudora are missing their file type, if I add the extension .jpg I am able to open the file in explorer.
    The 3 different contacs that I have noticed this occurance 1 is using outlook express 6.00.2900.5931 the other 2 I have no idea as they are sendig the files using gmail. This is random as I do get the proper imbedded image from all 3 just not all the time. I feel that the problem exist on the senders end but before I try & check with them I would like to know if any one has had this problem.

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    Embedded images are identified in the raw email text. View the raw email in Eudora and look for the Content-Type: multipart/mixed;
    boundary=
    line. You can then scroll to the embedded section to see what for it has been sent in.

cheers, Paul

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by P T View Post
    Embedded images are identified in the raw email text. View the raw email in Eudora and look for the Content-Type: multipart/mixed;
    boundary=
    line. You can then scroll to the embedded section to see what for it has been sent in.
    cheers, Paul
    Thanks for youre quick response. I have found the Content type line but am unable to determine where the embedded section is. If it is the data immediatly following the Content type line or for me any line after I can't determine any pattern comparing known file types that were included in the e-mail.
    I have included a couple of examples
    1. Content-Type: multipart/mixed; boundary="----=_NextPart_000_042A_01CB46DF.77F11250" This attachment was a power pont.

2. Content-Type: multipart/related;type="multipart/alternative"; boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0027_01CB468F.64015E30" This was an embedded .jpg pic that appears normal

3. Content-Type: multipart/related;type="multipart/alternative";boundary="=====================_10410 00==.REL"
    This is from the embeded problem e-mail that doesn't have a file type associated with it. Using explorer the file name is fc5e7.1281708657 with the file type being 1281708657 File.

If I change the file name by adding a .jpg I am able to view it with Micr office pic manager or any other pic viewer.

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    Once you scroll to the boundary marker you should see the file type and name.
    Here I have an embedded PDF called Notice of Assess.PDF.
    Code:
    Content-Type: application/pdf;
     name="Notice of Assess.PDF"
    Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
    Content-Disposition: inline;
     filename="Notice of Assess.PDF"
    This one is a ZIP file called dop form.zip.
    Code:
    ------_=_NextPart_001_01CAEA6A.CF866223
    Content-Type: application/x-zip-compressed;
    	name="dop form.zip"
    Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
    Content-Description: dop form.zip
    Content-Disposition: attachment;
    	filename="dop form.zip"
    The content type tells your email client what to use to open the file. Check that you have an application set in email to allow you to open that type of file.

cheers, Paul

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks PT but I am unable to find youre example in any of my e-mails, I have checked dozens of them & they all appear similar in nature.
    This e-mail has an embedded .jpg & .gif image that has the file name Reggie for both files.
    Content-Type: multipart/related;
    boundary="------------040507070808080103020105"
    X-Cloudmark-Analysis: v=1.1 cv=dktIGNKqZPHC2SZ6t7rvd3azAPhhfi9RlLLEp5ybTf0= c=1 sm=0 a=BevP5bL4zcFruaHho1wYmQ==:17 a=PikCxiYfAAAA:8 a=x2oc_8r-AAAA:8 a=nRzmaeX-GMJbBG8PkloA:9 a=ogPKO2Y3KdGF76k-3X0A:7 a=p4DXEDuDNRgWQ4h8oTP951RselkA:4 a=wPNLvfGTeEIA:10 a=rfusYn9JVtgA:10 a=KtjT_GW6NokA:10 a=P1Qqu2tQf8uSfE-Y:21 a=C9SbhfjcpxP8TDz9:21 a=d6F13sJteB_i3q2MdCsA:9 a=xNFwAnrt-SxC5cMM63OOBbkzs5EA:4 a=KQqxNPgzF0kA:10 a=ucH7BwLj_I8A:10 a=YszaPW5Wtix_lLhv:18 a=HpAAvcLHHh0Zw7uRqdWCyQ==:117
    In this example I have to assume the part after X-Cloudmark-Analysis: is Eudora's way of displaying the Pic in text form.
    From youre examples what version of Eudora are you using.

In youre last post you said Check that you have an application set in email to allow you to open that type of file. How are you able to set an application in e-mail to open that file type. I have been using Eudora for the past 10ish years, all I have ever done is install the application that is required & let the operating system handle the rest.

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    Seems that the email you receive does not have names or types specified - this is bad m'kay.
    Try sending yourself a file and an embedded image and see how they show up.

I have not used Eudora for a few years, but the other clients I use allow you to define an application for specific email attachments. It seems Eudora lets Windows handle attachments so you need to ensure the "Content-Type" has been set.

cheers, Paul