New Lounger
    Thanks
    I downloaded a template of a grid to create a pattern for a quilt. I need to color each box a different color. I am unable to use format painter to copy the color from one cell to another. Do you have any suggestions on how to accomplish this without having to format each individual cell? I have attached the file so you can see what I mean. I appreciate your help! My mouse hand is weary

Thanks!

Elaine
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ehorsley View Post
    My mouse hand is weary
    You can take advantage of the F4 (Repeat) key. For example, apply shading to a cell, then use the right, down, left and up arrows to move to the next cell that should be the same color. Press the F4 key to repeat the last command (shading). Note that navigating and using Undo (Ctrl+z) if needed are okay, but using other commands may replace shading as the command to be repeated.

There probably are fancier ways to do this, but that's what I would do.

Edit: Also, if the first two rows simply repeat, you could copy those and paste them to the end of the table to build the pattern. But I suspect it's more complicated than that...

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thank you VERY much! That works beautifully - hadn't thought about the F4 key and it really makes it much easier and saves me time. I appreciate your response!