2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi all,

Can you make a subroutine/function as Private in module but also visible from all other modules?

TIA

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by amakeler View Post
    Can you make a subroutine/function as Private in module but also visible from all other modules?
    Actually, the meaning of Private is invisible outside the module, so no. You can't have it both Private and Public.

You still may be able to call a Private Sub or Function from another module by qualifying it with the module name; I haven't tested that recently.

Are you trying hide a Sub from the Macros dialog? Anything that takes arguments, even if declared as Public, will not appear in the Macros list. The arguments don't have to be real, either. For example:

Code:
    Sub SomeProcedure(Optional strWhatever As String = vbNullString)
    MsgBox "I'm not a macro! strWhatever = '" & strWhatever & "'"
    End Sub
    Does this help?

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    >> You still may be able to call a Private Sub or Function from another module by qualifying it with the module name; I haven't tested that recently.

Tried it. Didn't work.

>> Are you trying hide a Sub from the Macros dialog?

Y - e - e - s - s - s - s

>> Anything that takes arguments, even if declared as Public, will not appear in the Macros list. The arguments don't have to be real, either.

Long time since a piece of code made me smile. Beautiful idea! Sweet and simple!

TNX!

- avi