Thanks
    I have several links that were sent as attachments to an e-mail, but Outlook won't let me open them -- says they are blocked.

I thought I knew how to unblock them, but neither me nor my Inet search seems to work.

How do I unblock attachments?

Regards,
    Chuck Billow
    -------------------------------------------------
    "Good judgment comes from experience, and experience - well, that comes from poor judgment."

~ A(lan) A(lexander) Milne (1882-1956)- "House at Pooh Corner"

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CWBillow View Post
    I have several links that were sent as attachments to an e-mail, but Outlook won't let me open them -- says they are blocked.
    These are .url files? In earlier versions of Outlook, you could use an add-in named Attachment Options (Slovak Technical Services Attachment Options). However, it does not yet list Outlook 2010 compatibility.

I think the add-in worked by making some registry changes, so if you do a little research on the registry keys used to list restricted attachment file extensions, you might be able to replicate the changes in Outlook 2010. Or maybe it works differently now.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jscher2000 View Post
    These are .url files? In earlier versions of Outlook, you could use an add-in named Attachment Options (Slovak Technical Services Attachment Options). However, it does not yet list Outlook 2010 compatibility.

I think the add-in worked by making some registry changes, so if you do a little research on the registry keys used to list restricted attachment file extensions, you might be able to replicate the changes in Outlook 2010. Or maybe it works differently now.
    Jefferson, I just found the 2010 solution: http://www.howto-outlook.com/

Thanks,
    Chuck
    -------------------------------------------------
    "Good judgment comes from experience, and experience - well, that comes from poor judgment."

~ A(lan) A(lexander) Milne (1882-1956)- "House at Pooh Corner"