5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Does anyone know how to set up Word 2007 to set the Word Open Dialogue box to default to a folder? I tried going into Word Options | Save | Default File Location, and putting in the folder I wanted, but the computer always defaults back to R:\ whenever I log on.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jmt356 View Post
    Does anyone know how to set up Word 2007 to set the Word Open Dialogue box to default to a folder? I tried going into Word Options | Save | Default File Location, and putting in the folder I wanted, but the computer always defaults back to R:\ whenever I log on.
    Are you saying that Word fails to save your change between sessions, or that even though it saves your change, it doesn't actually default to the supposed default folder?

In the absence of a special setting for Word, the default probably is (My) Documents, so "R:\" could be a configuration pushed out through group policy or a login script that will keep coming back at startup.

== Edit ==

Of course, you could override the FileOpen command with a macro in Normal.dotm, if you can save changes to Normal.dotm and they are not overridden by another global template...