Lounger
    Thanks
    My CD drives died. I reseated connections to no avail. My computer has SATA connectors. I can't afford a new computer or SATA cd drives. I have a CD drive with pins. Is there a serial to SATA adapter?

Thanks
    Try this site for what you are looking for;Newegg
    Problems cannot be solved by the same level of thinking that created them. -Albert Einsten

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    you might find that you can actually buy a new drive for very little more than an adapter.

http://www.newegg.com/Store/SubCateg...CD-DVD-Burners

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    you might find that you can actually buy a new drive for very little more than an adapter.
    That's what I was going to say, I get the Newegg email deals and one is $18 shipped; an adapter is going to cost about the same and it might make for an awkward fit inside the case depending on configuration and roominess.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    We've been migrating our older PATA optical drives to LG's DVD models, e.g.:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16827136147

($20 USD, free shipping)

MRFS

Thanks
    CD/DVD drives are pretty cheap unless one considers 20-30 dollars expensive.

Newegg has a decent selection of both SATA and IDE CD/DVD drives. I'm currently using an IDE CD/DVD drive, largly because I have all my 6 SATA ports in use by hard drives. But if you have ample SATA ports on your board, I'd go with one of the SATA CD/DVD drives.
    DRIVE IMAGING
    Invest a little time and energy in a well thought out BACKUP regimen and you will have minimal down time, and headache.

Build your own system; get everything you want and nothing you don't.
    Latest Build:
    ASUS X99 Deluxe, Core i7-5960X, Corsair Hydro H100i, Plextor M6e 256GB M.2 SSD, Corsair DOMINATOR Platinum 32GB DDR4@2666, W8.1 64 bit,
    EVGA GTX980, Seasonic PLATINUM-1000W PSU, MountainMods U2-UFO Case, and 7 other internal drives.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul A. Mitchell View Post
    We've been migrating our older PATA optical drives to LG's DVD models, e.g.:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16827136147

($20 USD, free shipping)

MRFS
    Hi Paul - Thanks for the recommendation of LG GH22LP20. I ordered it on Sunday(9/19/10), received it on Wednesday(09/22/10), and installed it today (09/23/10). As you said, cost was only $20 free S&H.

I burned a couple of DVD's and CD's today, all seems good !! Very pleased with Newegg and LG.