Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I get a message that the WMC is not working, I have no idea what this means, can someone help me

Problem signature:
    Problem Event Name: CLR20r3
    Problem Signature 01: ehshell.exe
    Problem Signature 02: 6.1.7600.16385
    Problem Signature 03: 4a5bccdc
    Problem Signature 04: mscorlib
    Problem Signature 05: 2.0.0.0
    Problem Signature 06: 4bebd50b
    Problem Signature 07: 344b
    Problem Signature 08: 15a
    Problem Signature 09: System.UnauthorizedAccess
    OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.768.3
    Locale ID: 1033

Thanks
    How to use the system file checker;M$
    If the link doesn't help.Try Repair your computer;M$
    Hopefully one of the links above will help.
    Problems cannot be solved by the same level of thinking that created them. -Albert Einsten

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by chowur View Post
    How to use the system file checker;M$
    If the link doesn't help.Try Repair your computer;M$
    Hopefully one of the links above will help.
    none of these, helped

Thanks
    Hi Jim,

Check out this forum thread on How To Geek. The poster had problems with WMC not working in Windows 7 as you related. He unregistered and re-registered files associated with WMC and had marginal results. It is possible you may have better results than he did, so you could try entering the commands he lists.

In the end, he claims to have uninstalled WMC and that solved the problem when it was re-installed. The problem with that is that there is no way to actually uninstall WMC. You can however, turn WMC off, and follow the prompt to reboot your computer, and then turn WMC back on. This should return WMC to default settings. That is apparently what the poster did, which made his problem go away. Evidently some settings had become corrupted, and when he turned it off and rebooted, the system corrected the problem and turned WMC back on. Even if the reboot does not behave like he describes, turning WMC off, rebooting and turning it back on may help resolve your problem.

To turn WMC off, click the Start orb, type in the search box programs and features and press Enter. This open the Control Panel Home screen.
    Click Turn Windows features on or off on the left side of the window, which will open the Windows Features screen. Go down to Media Features and click the plus box on the left to expand Media Features and uncheck the box beside Windows Media Center. Click OK and follow the prompts to reboot. You may see a caution that turning of WMC may affect other programs, but just ignore that as you will turn it back on after rebooting, unless Windows does so for you.

Hope this helps.
    Deadeye81

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give." Sir Winston Churchill

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerald Shepard View Post
    Hi Jim,

Check out this forum thread on How To Geek. The poster had problems with WMC not working in Windows 7 as you related. He unregistered and re-registered files associated with WMC and had marginal results. It is possible you may have better results than he did, so you could try entering the commands he lists.

In the end, he claims to have uninstalled WMC and that solved the problem when it was re-installed. The problem with that is that there is no way to actually uninstall WMC. You can however, turn WMC off, and follow the prompt to reboot your computer, and then turn WMC back on. This should return WMC to default settings. That is apparently what the poster did, which made his problem go away. Evidently some settings had become corrupted, and when he turned it off and rebooted, the system corrected the problem and turned WMC back on. Even if the reboot does not behave like he describes, turning WMC off, rebooting and turning it back on may help resolve your problem.

To turn WMC off, click the Start orb, type in the search box programs and features and press Enter. This open the Control Panel Home screen.
    Click Turn Windows features on or off on the left side of the window, which will open the Windows Features screen. Go down to Media Features and click the plus box on the left to expand Media Features and uncheck the box beside Windows Media Center. Click OK and follow the prompts to reboot. You may see a caution that turning of WMC may affect other programs, but just ignore that as you will turn it back on after rebooting, unless Windows does so for you.

Hope this helps.
    I haven't tried this yet, but I did read the forum it talks about connecting to a tv, I'm not, but the message said WMC has stopped working. I tried to open a pps file when the message came up, has it stopped because I don't use it?