Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I have created a PowerPoint 2007 template (.pptm) containing a macro that I have added to the Quick Access Toolbar for that template...when the template is open I can run the macro from the QAT toolbar button with no problems. I then Save>As an add-in (.ppam), close it, and then load the add-in through Office Button>Options>Add-ins>PowerPoint Add-ins>Go>Add New.

The QAT is updated with the new button, and it's there whenever I start PPT, but when I click it, I get error msg "The macro cannot be found or has been disabled because of your security settings." It doesn't matter what my security settings are, I still get the error. I've also tested it by saving the .pptm & .ppam to the default add-ins location on the local drive, or to a network drive that has been added to trusted locations...I still get the error msg.

Can't figure out what I'm doing wrong...can anyone help?

Thanks...

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    This is crossposted elswhere too. Always good to say as it stops people spending time unecessarily.

You cannot run an Add In from the QAT (well not easily) you will need to add code to creatre a legacy toolbar which will appear in the Add In tab or much better add XML to create a new ribbon entry. There's a brief intro to XML and ribbon code here
    XML to add ribbon entry

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I already know how to customize the Ribbon but in this particular case I wanted it on a QAT button, to maintain consistency with Word & Excel (wherein I have added a similar button to their QAT's). I had thought that the add-in would work basically the same way in PPT as in Excel, but in the case of PPT, I do get the button on the QAT but it can't find the macro. Is there no way to do this?

Thanks...

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    There's no easy way.

The only fairly reliable way is to have the code in a potm file (you would think this might be enough but it's not!) then have an AddIn that auto loads the potm file with no visible window so that the code is available. We actually have such an AddIn under test if it's beyond you to write it. If you would like to try it out drop me a line john [ATSIGN] PPTAlchemy.co.uk. To use it write your code and save as a .potm file in the default folder and call this file 'mycode.potm'. Add the macro to the QAT. If the addin is installed the code will always run.

I should stress though the best way is definitely to have a ribbon entry

John