Thanks
    I thought I had this worked out, and, more importantly, thought I understood it. I was wrong.

When I am in my Contacts, the names are arranged according to what is in the "File As' field. But when I go to create a new e-mail, and press the "To" button bringing up the window, it's not sorted at all that way, but rather, it seems, but what is in the "Full Name" field?

How do I get the "File As" info to match the sort order and info that pops up in the "To" window?

Regards,
    Chuck Billow
    -------------------------------------------------
    "Good judgment comes from experience, and experience - well, that comes from poor judgment."

~ A(lan) A(lexander) Milne (1882-1956)- "House at Pooh Corner"

Lounger
    Thanks
    I have same problem

Thanks
    In Outlook 2003, my Address Book dialog, and the variation displayed when clicking the To button, is not completely consistent. In some cases, it is the File As sequence, and in other cases it is the full name. The pattern is not immediately obvious... but I generally rely on typing part of the name and pressing Ctrl+k, so it's not something that has bothered me.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jscher2000 View Post
    In Outlook 2003, my Address Book dialog, and the variation displayed when clicking the To button, is not completely consistent. In some cases, it is the File As sequence, and in other cases it is the full name. The pattern is not immediately obvious... but I generally rely on typing part of the name and pressing Ctrl+k, so it's not something that has bothered me.
    You're probably right Jefferson, "just ignore it".

Thanks,
    Chuck
    -------------------------------------------------
    "Good judgment comes from experience, and experience - well, that comes from poor judgment."

~ A(lan) A(lexander) Milne (1882-1956)- "House at Pooh Corner"

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks
    Is this post relevant?
    -John ... I float in liquid gardens
    UTC -7ąDS

New Lounger
    Thanks
    If you are talking about whether the list appears First Name/Last Name vs. Last Name/First Name when you insert an address from the address book, you will also need to go to Tools menu/E-mail Accounts and select "View or change existing directories or Address Books". Click the "Change" button and when the dialog box showing your address books comes up, click on "File As (Smith, John)", then OK and Finish to exit. You will need to logoff and log back on, then open Outlook again. Your insertions from the Address Book will now always appear as File As (Last Name, First Name).

If you use the auto complete feature to just begin typing the name, yes, it will come up with the Full Name followed by the email in parentheses, which is the Display As view.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to jchristensen For This Useful Post:

pmannel (2012-01-09)