3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Good Morning, I have what seems to me to be a strange situation. I had a problem with a corrupted user profile. Several people on this forum helped me diagnose that problem. So I created the new profile and migrated my settings. Everything seems OK except for one really strange issue involving my MS Word 2007.

I've always thought that Word macros were stored in the MS Word template and so I've always protected and backed up that file. It is still that way. However, after the reconstruction of the User Profile the macros cannot be found. I thought the macros were in normal.dotm, but either they are not or access to them has changed. Where are the macros in Word 2007 kept?

Has anyone seen this? And, if so, what were you able to do about it. I don't have a lot of macros but the ones I use I need to find.

Thank you very much for any suggestions!

--Bob Harris
    -Bob Harris
    "Seek Simplicity, Then Mistrust It!"

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    Macros can be stored in any template. Have you checked the other template files?

cheers, Paul

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Harris View Post
    Good Morning, I have what seems to me to be a strange situation. I had a problem with a corrupted user profile. Several people on this forum helped me diagnose that problem. So I created the new profile and migrated my settings. Everything seems OK except for one really strange issue involving my MS Word 2007.

I've always thought that Word macros were stored in the MS Word template and so I've always protected and backed up that file. It is still that way. However, after the reconstruction of the User Profile the macros cannot be found. I thought the macros were in normal.dotm, but either they are not or access to them has changed. Where are the macros in Word 2007 kept?

Has anyone seen this? And, if so, what were you able to do about it. I don't have a lot of macros but the ones I use I need to find.

Thank you very much for any suggestions!

--Bob Harris
    Did you move or copy normal.dotm from the old user name path to the new one?
    Pam Caswell