New Lounger
    Thanks
    I am trying to convert a PowerPoint 2003 template to 2007. When I use it the conversion works relatively well but when I tab in the slide view, it does not bring me to the next level down. It works as a tab only.

I was also wondering where the convert button is located in the Office button. I have seen it on Microsoft site but cannot see it on my version of PowerPoint.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Marc

Thanks
    If you open the template in Powerpoint 2007, select "save as" and choose what kind of template you wish to save it as (macro-enabled, etc)
    (My Setup: Custom built: 3,70GHz Intel Core i7-4820K CPU; MSI Military Class iii X79A-GD45 Plus Motherboard; Win 10 Pro (64 bit) - (UEFI-booted); 16GB RAM; 512GB SAMSUNG SD850 PRO SSD; 120GB SAMSUNG 840 SSD; Seagate 2TB Barracuda SATA6G HDD; GeForceGTX 980 4GB Graphics Card; Office 2013 Prof (32-bit); MS Project 2013 (32-bit); Acronis TI 2015 Premium, NIS 2016, VMWare Workstation12 Pro, etc). WD My Book 3 1TB USB External Backup Drive). Samsung 24" Curved HD Monitor.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    We've tried that but we found that the slide master styles don't quite work properly in that pressing the tab key does not bring the text level down properly.

It works with the indent buttons but not with the tab key.

I get the impression that I'll have to recreate the templates so they will work properly. In the past past, pressing tab brought the person down to the next text level down.

Any thoughts here?

Thanks in Advance

Marc

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rudymarc View Post
    We've tried that but we found that the slide master styles don't quite work properly in that pressing the tab key does not bring the text level down properly.

It works with the indent buttons but not with the tab key.

I get the impression that I'll have to recreate the templates so they will work properly. In the past past, pressing tab brought the person down to the next text level down.

Any thoughts here?

Thanks in Advance

Marc
    This is the default behaviour. Have you tried CTRL + Enter as a keyboard shortcut instead? It moves you to the next text block, otherwise try using TAB in the Outline view.

Just curious - I have never tried (didn't think you could) controlling keyboard behaviour in PPT with styles. Can you describe what you did in 2003?
    [b]Catharine Richardson (WebGenii)
    WebGenii Home Page
    Moderator: Spreadsheets, Other MS Apps, Presentation Apps, Visual Basic for Apps, Windows Mobile