New Lounger
    Thanks
    I purchased PSchmid's Ribbon Customizer, created a custom tab & ribbon saved to a .dotm file. I didn't do any xml stuff and did nothing in VBA. Only assigned existing macros in the .dotm file to buttons on the ribbon

When I copy the .dotm file to another computer, the custom ribbon does not display. Where is the customized tab/ribbon saved to?

I have posted this question to support at PSchmid's site, but no answer. At PSchmid's site I have clicked on the Forums link, but get error message.

Hoping someone here can help, I would appreciate it so much!

Thanks.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I forgot to mention that I also used the "Save Package" command, and that created a .ribx file. So should I copy the .ribx file along with the .dotm template to another computer? I tried that, but the custom tab, and custom buttons are still not displayed.

Thanks to anyone who knows what I should try next...

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Just the dotm template should be sufficient.

Perhaps the problem is that your other PC is not running the same version of Word and you have created a version specific customui file.

Can you post the template here so we can have a look at it and determine what the problem is?
    Andrew Lockton, Chrysalis Design, Melbourne Australia

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi-

I created a custom ribbon for Word 2007 using Ribbon Customizer (Patrick Schmid) and the Custom UI Editor (Trang Lee).

The Custom UI Editor part of the process is what you are missing. Custom UI Editor is a free utility for working with ribbon customizations. It is what you use to embed the new ribbon into a template to be shared. The free tool is from Microsoft at http://openxmldeveloper.org/articles...muieditor.aspx. It's kind of hard to see where to download from this article--it's just above the comments..where it says "attachments."

Here is what you do:
    In Ribbon Customizer, click "show RibbonX," and copy and save that content to Word Pad. You are going to paste this into the Custom UI Editor, but you can't use Word, because if Word and the Custom UI editor are open at the same time, you will lose your customizations.
    CLOSE WORD

Open the Custom UI Editor and open your Word template from that tool. The only way you will be able to tell your template is open is that its name will appear at the top of the dialog. Now open the file you saved in Word Pad (from Word Pad, NOT Word). Copy the content and paste it into the open window in the UI Editor. Save the template in the UI Editor. Now close the UI Editor and create a new file from your template in Word. Your customizations will show, and if you share the template with others, they will use your customizations while using the template. There are more steps if you have macros and building blocks to be shared.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Looks like the link didn't work--try this. If it doesn't work, search for Microsoft Custom UI Editor.

http://tiny.cc/mmgau