5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Windows recently requested that I select some setting to increase the security of my computer. After I selected the setting, Windows started asking me to confirm permission before diong everything from opening up Dreamweaver to changing a file name. How can I get Windows to go back to the normal system were I could do such basic tasks without having to constantly tell Window's it's me.

I have Windows Vista Home edition.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jmt356 View Post
    Windows recently requested that I select some setting to increase the security of my computer. After I selected the setting, Windows started asking me to confirm permission before diong everything from opening up Dreamweaver to changing a file name. How can I get Windows to go back to the normal system were I could do such basic tasks without having to constantly tell Window's it's me.

I have Windows Vista Home edition.
    Do you mean User Account Control ?
    O wad some Power the giftie gie us, to see oursels as ithers see us!

Thanks
    JMT,

I believe you can turn UAC on and off in Control Panel / User Accounts in Vista. I do not have access to Vista right now to confirm.

UAC does make your computer safer, and cutting it off puts you at more risk, but then it is less aggravating.

You can download this tweaker for the Vista UAC.

Deadeye81

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give." Sir Winston Churchill