Bronze Lounger
    Thanks
    This almost ended up in Scuttlebutt, or Win 7, or Office something (which is where I am posting it), because it really is General Productivity (the Scuttlebutt thread involved 100 best web sites), but something here (you won't have to look far) inspired it.

There is a useful site called Super User and one of the prominent current questions there is 'Is there any benefit from installing Windows 7 64-bit when you have less than 4GB of RAM?' The answers are interesting and would compare with the many discussions on the same subject here in The Lounge.

I would like to suggest that we compile a list of online sources for information and troubleshooting that many of us have bookmarked or get newsletters from, obviously including the present site. Lots of people who use this site have a collection of bookmarks they can simply copy to the thread and there are already such collections at a higher level (I think there is one for MS MVPs, for example). Other sites, for their part, might be happy to join the hyperclub and see an increase in traffic.

This is a regular post but I should tell the moderator that it would require editing and layout and it could be susceptible to abuse or violate someone's fine print. Maybe it's a bad idea - I haven't thought it through that carefully, but good sources are always welcome when I need one. Maybe all I have to do is push the 'Poll' button and lists of hyperlinked sources will come flooding in.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by peterg View Post
    This almost ended up in Scuttlebutt, or Win 7, or Office something (which is where I am posting it), because it really is General Productivity (the Scuttlebutt thread involved 100 best web sites), but something here (you won't have to look far) inspired it.

There is a useful site called Super User and one of the prominent current questions there is 'Is there any benefit from installing Windows 7 64-bit when you have less than 4GB of RAM?' The answers are interesting and would compare with the many discussions on the same subject here in The Lounge.

I would like to suggest that we compile a list of online sources for information and troubleshooting that many of us have bookmarked or get newsletters from, obviously including the present site. Lots of people who use this site have a collection of bookmarks they can simply copy to the thread and there are already such collections at a higher level (I think there is one for MS MVPs, for example). Other sites, for their part, might be happy to join the hyperclub and see an increase in traffic.

This is a regular post but I should tell the moderator that it would require editing and layout and it could be susceptible to abuse or violate someone's fine print. Maybe it's a bad idea - I haven't thought it through that carefully, but good sources are always welcome when I need one. Maybe all I have to do is push the 'Poll' button and lists of hyperlinked sources will come flooding in.
    Hello Peter - Did you intend to include a link to the site?

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Sullivan View Post
    Hello Peter - Did you intend to include a link to the site?
    superuser.com appears to work, and it is a Q & A site similar to The Lounge. The chief reason for suggesting that we share at least some such links is that the Lounge grew immensely in readership after last year's merger, for better or for worse, and there are many small sites with quality content that very few know about. We might also want to bookmark sites according to their level of technical difficulty, but this struck me as one I hadn't visited before but might do so again.