New Lounger
    Thanks
    This is my first post. My apology in advance if I'm not posting correctly. I would like to know how to get the Administrator login icon to be displayed on the screen when I press an appropriate key combination. With XP you can use CTRL-ALT-DEL-DEL to present the Administrator login. I am running Win7 Home Premium. I know it has limitations, but I hope what I would like to do is not one of them.

Thanks,
    Art

Thanks
    Thanked 1,457 Times in 1,326 Posts
    Art,

Welcome to the lounge. Try this thread for a pretty good discussion on the topic.
    May the Forces of good computing be with you!

RG

PowerShell & VBA Rule!

My Systems: Desktop Specs
    Laptop Specs

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I don't know the key combination but you have to enable the Administrator account.
    from an Admin cmd prompt type net user administrator /active:yes
    logoff it should now be showing

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by RetiredGeek View Post
    Art,

Welcome to the lounge. Try this thread for a pretty good discussion on the topic.

Thanks much, RetiredGeek. I took a look at that thread and there is a lot of info to digest.
    Art

Thanks
    To set a key combo for opening an app, Right click on the app icon and select Properties. Set the key combo you wish in the Shortcut Key box. (see attached)

[attachment=89887:CreateShortcutKey.png]

Once you enable the Administrator Account you may do similar for the account.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ted Myers View Post
    To set a key combo for opening an app, Right click on the app icon and select Properties. Set the key combo you wish in the Shortcut Key box. (see attached)

[attachment=89887:CreateShortcutKey.png]

Once you enable the Administrator Account you may do similar for the account.
    Thanks, Ted. I'll give it a try.
    Art

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by veegertx View Post
    I don't know the key combination but you have to enable the Administrator account.
    from an Admin cmd prompt type net user administrator /active:yes
    logoff it should now be showing

If you enter the command vvegertx suggests (actually it should be done from an elevated command prompt), you will enable "super" Administrator account.

The built-in super Administrator account is a powerful one with complete privileges to do anything on the computer and, in Windows 7, it is not subject to UAC like other accounts (even those with administrative privileges). Normally, you can do whatever you need to do with a regular administrative account (which you will create when you install Windows 7). But the built-in Administrator account is still there - it's just disabled by default for better security.

Here's how to enable it: Open an elevated command prompt and type net user administrator /active:yes and press Enter. Now you will see the Administrator icon on the logon screen. You can also enable it through Local Users and Groups in Windows 7 Pro, Ultimate and Enterprise editions.

If you enable the built-in administrator account, be sure to create a strong password for it. To do this, log on with the account, and in Control Panel, click the User Accounts icon and click "Create a password for your account." Important: Do not leave the Administrator account without a password.