3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Anyone else been watching the live video streaming at the U.S. Tennis Open site and found Windows (XP/SP3) crashing? (http://www.usopen.org/en_US/index.html). Since the beginning of the tournament, it's been happening here sooner or later no matter what the browser - Opera 10.70, IE8, FF 3.6.4. All of a sudden the computer starts buzzing and then a moment later the blue crash screen shows. This has never happened with any other website.

The first crash with Opera didn't show a specific error message other than the long alphanumeric code with parentheses, while the second showed "Page_Fault_In_NonPaged_Area." That's the only time for that message (update: just reoccurred this afternoon). With FF this morning, it showed the following:
    STOP 0x0000008e (0xc0000005,00000018,0x992A9A28,0x00000000).
    With the first IE8 crash, it showed...
    ***STOP 0x0000008e (0xc0000005,0xBF61DE0,0x9A3F99D4,0x00000000)
    ***ativvaxx.dll - Address BF610D40 base at BF563000, DateStamp 4b68eef1

On reboot, Windows eventually shows a system serious error box, such as the one I've attached. I doubt that it's a malware-related issue, and during this time I've done full (regular) scans with Avira, MSE and SAS, all clean. MBAM is running right now FWIW. I wrote the website right away and it seemed to have stopped by the weekend - most of my viewing is by TV - but there've been two crashes already this morning. Any ideas?
    [attachment=89903:US Open crash - after restart.jpg]

------
    XP/SP3
    AMD Athlon™ X2 Dual-Core 7750
    4GB RAM
    MSI R4670-2D512/D3 Video Board
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks
    I'm wondering if you are suffering from the beginning stages of a serious hardware failure. The first thing I would do is create a complete image of the HD incase you do have a piece of hardware going bad.

The statement;

Quote Originally Posted by highstream View Post
    All of a sudden the computer starts buzzing and then a moment later the blue crash screen shows. This has never happened with any other website.
    leads me to believe this is a hardware failure. I do not know of ANY web site failure with different browsers that can cause a noise such as this.

Quote Originally Posted by highstream View Post
    it's been happening here sooner or later no matter what the browser - Opera 10.70, IE8, FF 3.6.4.
    Since you are using different browsers which renders pages differently as well, I cannot believe this is a web page error.

This sounds more like a heat build up problem. I would start exploring this as the problem, but first create an image to save your OS, apps and data.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Back ups regularly with Acronis TIH and Syncback SE. Looking further, the ativvaxx.dll is an ATI file, tho it doesn't show all the time. When it does, there is no buzzing with the crash and BSOD. Heat build up? Possibly, but why only one site?

I just uninstalled and reinstalled/updated the ATI drivers. Will see what happens.

Thanks
    Try re seating your video card in it's motherboard slot and reconnecting the power cables.
    It may also be your video driver, but I suspect your video card is the culprit.

If you have on board video, you could remove the video card and replay the live video stream
    a few times to see if the BSOD recurs.
    DRIVE IMAGING
    Invest a little time and energy in a well thought out BACKUP regimen and you will have minimal down time, and headache.

Build your own system; get everything you want and nothing you don't.
    Latest Build:
    ASUS X99 Deluxe, Core i7-5960X, Corsair Hydro H100i, Plextor M6e 256GB M.2 SSD, Corsair DOMINATOR Platinum 32GB DDR4@2666, W8.1 64 bit,
    EVGA GTX980, Seasonic PLATINUM-1000W PSU, MountainMods U2-UFO Case, and 7 other internal drives.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks for your reply. I uninstalled/reinstalled and updated the ATI drivers yesterday and had the streaming going all afternoon today (Monday), first with Opera and then with IE8. No crashes. There were a couple of times when something like the buzzing momentarily started - oddly, both times when a game had finished and the players were heading off court while the crowd was applauding - but if that was the same it was like it didn't build up enough steam to cause any problem.