Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I recently got a usb bluetooth adaptor and headset for my desktop. The adaptor loads fine and the headset is recognized by windows, but when I go to the properties of the headset (in Sounds) and hit the test button, nothing happens. No sound.
    I got this setup to use googletalk but have not been successful with that either.
    TIA

Thanks
    Check your mother board manual.Make sure ALL the wire connections are correct to the mother board.Also in;Headphone Properties @ the bottom you will see Device usage;use the Device (enable).
    Problems cannot be solved by the same level of thinking that created them. -Albert Einsten

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Uh, a bit confused here. What wires are you talking about?
    And, in the sound properties, the box is checked to use this device.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I had a similar problem sound and headset with xp but noticed that the sounds and audio devices in the control panel were not set correctly. Might be worth having a look to see that the audio sound recording and playback are set correctly

Alan

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thnx for your reply Alan. I've checked all settings several times. Playback is set to play through the device and so is recording. But when I try to setup speech recognition for the micro, the computer doesn't hear anything.

Thanks
    You didn't say what type of operating system you have so.In windows 7 right click on the speaker icon in the system tray.Then click on;Volume Control Options.Their you will see Headphones option check this box.Click on apply then ok.
    Problems cannot be solved by the same level of thinking that created them. -Albert Einsten

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thnx chower. Did what you suggested but still no joy

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Just another thought under the control panel sounds and audio, is your bluetooth headset for sound recording and playback showing the particular headset in the drop down box. Also what is the brand of headset.

Alan

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    HI Allen. The brand of the headset is samsung wep490. In the sound/properties, it shows up as the samsung.