Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Experienced newbie here..........

I've had the problem and seen it any number of times. I was helping a friend transfer his DOCUMENTS to another computer via thumb drive. I highlighted a number of files to be transferred from the hard drive to the thumb drive on an XP machine. Midway thru the file transfer, the computer CHOKED and STOPPED the transfer with a message that X file could not be read or transferred or similar. I am sure many others have seen this problem.

ANY KNOWN FIX ???
    I could swear a long time ago, I read of a fix either via a small free app or whatever that could fix this.

+++++++++++++++++++++++
    I also had the same problem with an MP3 MUSIC FILE TRANSFER from my HD to an SDHC card for a cigarette lighter MP3 player into which the SDHC card could be plugged. I had something like 128 MP3 songs and after about HALF, the computer CHOKED and stopped the transfer. If I bypassed the file that CHOKED the computer, I could continue copying til the next potential file that CHOKED it.

Same problem as above ................ ANY FIX ???????????

Thanks in advance..........

Thanks
    Hi Arthur,

Unstoppable Copier springs to mind, maybe Majorgeeks have it? EDIT: http://majorgeeks.com/Unstoppable_Copier_d2623.html

I'd be concerned about the reason the file doesn't copy over though, if it's not a file that's in use, maybe it's corrupt?

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts
    Are you sure the files are not in use?

Joe
    Joe

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    The files were DEFINITELY NOT in use.

Thanks for the reply/replies.
    I am sure the Major Geeks app is just what I am looking for.
    Years ago I remember reading about some kind of an app that solves this problem.

EXCELLENT GROUP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!