New Lounger
    Thanks
    Hello, All.

Has anybody got a Sony Clié TH55 (or any sort of Clié, really) working under XP Mode in Win 7 64bit? If so, please give me some tips! :-)

It is clear that the provided XP drivers will not work in Win 7 - 64bit in Compatibility Mode, so I figured using XP Mode would be a doddle. Not so.

I have installed the Palm Clié drivers, Palm Desktop, etc, but XP mode doesn't see the Clié in the cradle.

In 'Device Mangler' in the XP mode OS, I have question marks for three "Virtual PC Integration Device" entries, but cannot find drivers either locally or on the web. Does anybody know what this means and is there a solution?

I have enabled USB connectivity but no dice there either. The XP Mode VM can see other USB-connected hardware.

Oh.. I have allowed Virtualisation mode in the BIOS, too - not that the current version of XP Mode is supposed to require that.

Any ideas at all would be gratefully accepted.

Ta.
    E-mail me
    Wherever you go, there you are.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    In the virtual machine settings (in Windows Virtual PC) have you turned on access to USB? Can you see a flash drive on the guest machine that is plugged into the host usb ports?

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Hello, mercyh.

Yes, USB access is enabled. Other USB devices are recognised. The XP Mode simply does not see the TH55. I think I will try re-installing the drivers - a little tinkering never goes astray.
    Cheers.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Yoohoo!

An XP VM in VMWare allows the Clié TH55 to work perfectly. I am now a happy chappie.
    I still would love to have it working in XP Mode, though, and can't understand why it won't.
    In XP Mode, when I right-click on the HotSync icon in the XP taskbar, the USB option is simply not there. It was there in VMWare, so I captured the device and all is now synchronising well.

Cheers.